Monday, July 16, 2012

Cover Crazy: Boundless

Cover Crazy is a weekly meme hosted by The Book Worms on Mondays. The idea is to showcase a beautiful book cover each week.

This week, I'm crazy about...
Boundless, by Cynthia Hand

I am actually not all that taken with this cover. Why am I featuring it on this weeks Cover Crazy, then? Because this series in particular has a way of astonishing me with how wonderful the covers look in person when they are merely pretty online. Also, there are some aspects of this cover that are very well done.


First of all, I like the way that it matches the other two covers. I am not certain but it seems like the same model in all three covers, and there are many repeated elements, such as the font of the title together with the swirls around it, and the feather in all three covers. Not to mention they all feature Clara in a pretty dress (to state the obvious).

I also like the progression between the covers. The cover for Unearthly took place in a very defined setting, the forest. The cover for Boundless takes place in a less defined setting, but Clara seems to be almost floating in the clouds (dare I say angelically). Additionally, whereas the Clara on the Unearthly cover seems unsure of herself and almost fearful, the Clara on the Boundless cover seems more contemplative. Regretful, perhaps, but sure of herself. I am glad that the covers for this series reflects Clara’s character development throughout the series in this way.

I really like the continued use of the single color and I like the way this color looks both on its own and next to the other cover in the series.

Is there any aspect of the cover I’m missing? 
What do you think of this cover for Boundless?
Leave your thoughts in the comments!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...